Originally the Port Huron Public Library, the building was constructed and given to the City of Port Huron in 1904 by Pittsburgh-based steel magnate and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
After the City Library merged with the St. Clair County Library, the building was slated for demolition. Through the dedicated efforts of concerned volunteers, the Museum of Arts & History opened its doors on May 3, 1968.
The Carnegie Center, one of four Port Huron Museum sites is home to thousands of objects and archival items relating to the history, pre-history and culture of the Blue Water Area. While the other museum sites have items from the Port Huron Museum’s collection, the majority of the object, document, and photograph collections are housed at the Carnegie Center.
The Museum’s great collection reflects the long-standing commitment of the City of Port Huron to preserving its heritage.
Passports to all four museums also available.
Meeting Room Occupancy: 100-200
Click here for hours and info.